CAS No: 93384-40-0
OurChia Seed Oilis a cold pressed, filtered, organic oil with a moderately rich skin feel in anhydrous and emulsified products. It is well balanced between Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic) and Omega 6 (linoleic) fatty acids at a 3:1 ratio. It typically contains more than 50% alpha linolenic acid, a skin conditioning and restorative fatty acid that helps speed up skin’s barrier repair mechanisms, reduce transepidermal water loss, and reduce scaling and dryness for all skin types. It’s high in phytosterols, which reduce inflammation and itching while increasing moisturizing. The polyphenols inChia Seed Oilact as anti-inflammatories and cell regenerators that can reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. In hair care products, phytosterols soften the hair strand and reduce static, resulting in fewer fly-aways.
Chia Seed Oilis an oil soluble ingredient that is incorporated into any anhydrous product or in emulsified products, like lotions, in the oil phase. It has a pale to medium yellow color, and a nutty taste and odor that may be slightly noticeable in a finished product depending upon percentage used.
Chia Seed Oilhas a shelf life of 1 year. It is stored and shipped under an inert argon gas blanket. Once opened, Chia Seed Oil should be kept under refrigeration for long term storage.
Chia Seed Oil Profile
5% to 8% % palmitic fatty acid
1% to 4% stearic fatty acid
6% oleic fatty acid (Omega 9)
17% linoleic acid (Omega 6)
57% alpha-linolenic fatty acid (Omega 3)
4132 ppm phytosterols (ß-sitosterol at around 49%, stigmasterol at around 30%)
446 ppm tocopherols
- Chia Seed Oil has an ideal balance between Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- High in polyunsaturated fatty acids
- High in phytosterols
- Medium viscosity, rich oil
- Skin: Soothing dry chapped skin, reducing redness, and maintaining hydration.
- Hair: Emollient oil for dry, damaged and fragile hair, reduces static, softens hair strands.
- Lips: Ingredient for lip balms, lipsticks and other lip care products. Nails: Emollient oil good for cracking or dry nails in emulsified or anhydrous products.
- Aromatherapy: As a carrier for aromatherapy formulas.
- Massage: As part of a massage oil blend
The yellow color of Chia Seed Oil may alter the color of finished products.
Add to the oil phase of emulsified products or to anhydrous products.
INCI: Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil
Shipping Information: HS#1515902100
This oil is sold by weight, not volume. 15 ounces, by weight, is equivalent to more than 16 fluid ounces.
SDS & Tech Data: Chia Seed Oil