Coconut Endosperm is coconut water, not to be confused with coconut milk, which is harvested from the flesh of fully developed coconuts. Coconut Endosperm is the liquid endosperm of green coconuts Cocos nucifera. It has been freeze dried to a free-flowing powder form using a patented lyophilization process which produces a stable composition retaining the inherent biological activity of its nutrients and growth factors.
RNA plays an important role in amino acid transport and respiratory metabolism in living cells. RNA-phosphorus (RNA-P) content is found to particularly high in young, green coconuts and Coconut Endosperm is harvested at an optimal stage of maturity to ensure a high content of RNA and growth factors, including shikimic acid, quinic acid and indole-3-acetic acid.
Since coconut water solids can support cell growth, coconut water may be used in products to support the growth of human tissues such as hair follicles, as validated in preclinical trials. Coconut water can therefore be used in revitalizing preparations for the care of skin, hair and nails. 100 g of Coconut Endosperm provides 324 mg of Calcium, 3050 mg of potassium, 206 mg of Magnesium, 4.3 mg of iron, 6.4 mg of vitamin C, and about 4.6 g of protein, in addition to natural sugars and fatty acids.
Coconut Endosperm easily disperses in water, blending seamlessly with cosmetic formulations, making it a versatile nutrient pool for use in topical formulations. Given its GRAS status, Coconut Endosperm can be used in lip care products to support hydration and tissue health.
- Use Stainless steel vessels for production; avoid contact with iron or copper.
- Nonionic and anionic emulsifiers are to be used.
- Solubilize in water (1 part Coconut Endosperm to 4 parts water) at 40°C/104°F before adding to emulsion below 40°C/104°F.
- Maintain the pH of the formulation slightly acidic, preferably between pH 5.0 – 6.5
- Can be gelled using thickeners such as Carbomer, Acrylates copolymer, Lecithin.
- Opaque packaging is recommended for th finished product formulation.
- Suitable for use in creams and translucent to opaque gels / serums.
- Not suitable for use in clear gels / serums / toners.
Suggested Use Levels
- Moisturizing and nourishing: 0.5 – 1.5%
- Skin rejuvenation: 0.2 – 0.5%
- Wound healing: 0.2 – 1.0%
Although a food grade product, our packaging does not meet FDA requirements for human consumption, therefore this product is for external use only.
INCI: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice
Shipping Information: Harmonized Tariff No. 3307900000
Cococin™ is a patented product of Sabinsa Corporation.
SDS & Tech Data: Coconut Endosperm